[Tips] DIY Friday: 4 Scrumptious & Simple Summer Cocktails
Looking for some delicious ways to cool off and relax this summer? Try these fun, fresh and tasty cocktails with a variety of ingredients at your next backyard party, or even just with dinner tonight!
1. Vanilla & Fresh Cherry Bourbon Cocktail
For one drink
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 oz one shot bourbon
- 3 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ice cubes
- 1/4 cup club soda
- In the bottom of a glass, combine the cherries, vanilla extract, bourbon, sugar and lemon juice. Muddle together until cherries are broken and juices are released (you can use the back of a wooden spoon if you don’t have a muddler).
- Top with ice cubes and a small splash of club soda.
2. Summer Sangria with Watermelon & Pineapple
- 1 bottle Moscato wine (750 ml)
- 1/2 C brandy
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 2 C Del Monte® watermelon, cubed and cold
- 2 C Del Monte Gold® Extra Sweet Pineapple, cubed and cold
- lemon lime soda, for serving
- ice cubes
- Pour the wine and brandy into a pitcher and stir to combine. Add the sliced lime, watermelon, and pineapple.
- To serve, place some of the fruit in a glass with ice. Pour the sangria over the ice and top with lemon lime soda.
3. Peach Basil Moscow Mule
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 large lemon (quartered)
- 8 oz peach vodka
- 24 oz ginger beer
- Fill four glasses with ice. Preferably copper cups, but any cocktail glass will work!
- Add 2 oz vodka and 6 oz ginger beer to each glass.
- Squeeze one quarter of a lemon into each glass, then add a couple pieces of fresh basil.
- Stir all of the ingredients together.
4. Blueberry Mojito
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries, (Set aside a few for garnish if desired)
- 4 Ounces Rum
- 10 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Teaspoons White Sugar
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 6 Ounces Club Soda
- Ice Cubes
- Blend or muddle blueberries until smooth. Set aside.
- Use a muddler or wooden spoon to blend in mint leaves and sugar.
- Stir in rum, lime juice, and blueberry mixture.
- Pour into highball glasses over club soda & ice. Gently stir.
- Garnish with extra blueberries,lime, and mint if desired.